Thursday, July 28, 2011

Handel's Messiah: How Beautiful Are the Feet

The past week has been a little more than hectic here, but I wanted to share one of the pieces of music that came up on my shuffle and was very calming. Handel's Messiah seems appropriate to listen to at any time of the year, especially when sung by the impeccable Lorraine Hunt-Lieberson, whose voice was silenced far too soon. God grant that she's among the Choir of Angels...

 

EDIT- I almost forgot that I also wanted to acknowledge some of my readers. In the last week I've had readers from the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Australia, Ireland and the Netherlands. Thanks all for visiting!

2 comments:

Audrey S. J. said...

Lovely...I have no idea why under your followers I'm a blank picture that just takes you to a page that says "send a message" instead of my actual blog, lol...

SoaringSoprano said...

Huh... that is weird... Glad you enjoyed the music, though! :)